This website is under construction, you can visit the old site if the information is not yet on the new site. Thank you for understanding!
If music is part of your life…
then NFMC should be too!
The Nebraska Federation of Music Clubs is an organization of many people who have one thing in common – a great love for music. We are a part of the National Federation of Music Clubs which is dedicated to the preservation and expansion of music. This organization is the nation’s largest organization dedicated to music education and the promotion of creative and performing arts in America. NFMC is only one of three music organizations chartered by the Congress and only music organization member of the United Nations.
Nebraska Federation of Music Clubs offers a wide variety of services and opportunities for its members at all levels of organization through performance opportunities, scholarships and grants, auditions and competitions, and club-sponsored community activities or programs.
“Music…Sounds That Inspire.”
- Available to all music lovers, teachers, performers, volunteers, individuals and groups
- Sponsors the Nebraska Federation Scholarship Competition for students age 16 through 25
- Sponsors annual Junior Festival for students age 6 through 19 providing written adjudication and local, state and national recognition
- Sponsors Junior Festival sites in Omaha, Bellevue and Central City
- Recognizes continued excellence at the annual State Honors Recital
- Includes membership at the local, state and national levels
- Offers scholarship monies for teacher continuing education
- Offers scholarship monies for summer music camp enrollment for students
- Offers scholarship monies for college music majors who have studied at least six months with a Nebraska Federation teacher
- Sponsors Junior Composers Contest with cash awards
- Sponsors National Music Week Essay contests with cash awards
- Includes subscriptions to NFMC’s Music Clubs Magazine and Junior Keynotes
- Affiliated with the National Federation of Music Clubs
Chartered by Congress in 1898
World’s largest philanthropic, non profit music organization
Offers more than $750,000 in prizes for local, state and national levels
Awards $50,000 for Biennial Young Artist and Duo Pianists Competitions
Promotes American music and musicians
Sponsors competitions for physically challenged and visually impaired, instrumental music, composition, dance, conducting, poetry, voice and music therapy
If you would like to join Nebraska Federation of Music Clubs or start a Junior Festival site in your area, let us help you.